The γBEAKER is a dedicated solution of to the problem of radon emanation in gamma spectrometry.
In gamma spectometry, the noble gas 222Rn needs to be kept inside measurement beakers when the concentrations of 238U decay chain members are measured via the 222Rn daughter products. 222Rn emanation and leakage may lead to an underestimation of 238U concentration. Additional variability of results may arise when beakers (even of the same type) or sealings display varying 222Rn degrees of leakage.
γBEAKER line ensures neglible radon leakage. No mixing with wax/resin is needed to trap the radioactive gas. Custom made design allows matching any gamma detector or specific geometries for low level environmental radioisotopes measurement.
02. TECHNICAL DATA
- More than 98% of 222Rn emanating from sample remains in the container
- Made from very low radioactivity materials
- Reusable and durable
- Easily cleaned and maintained
- Custom sizes available for various detectors and sample sizes
- Light-proof version available