01. μDOSE SYSTEM
μDose is a compact system for assessing the dose rate in sediment and ceramic samples.
The system is equipped with a unique dual scintillator. It allows to measure α and β particles separately. In contrast to conventional α pairs counting, the scintillator can be reused many, many times! The built-in pulse analyzer measures the amplitude of each individual pulse, the pulse shape and the time interval between subsequent pulses. This gives information about gross α and β detected. Moreover, the pulse analyzer allows to detect decay pairs arising from 220Rn/216Po, 219Rn/215Po, 212Bi/212Po and 214Bi/214Po. Decay pairs, α and β particles count rates are used to quantify 238U, 235U and 232Th decay chains. The excess of β count rate is used to estimate the 40K radioactivity.
02. TECHNICAL DATA
- Small sample mass down to ca. 0.5 g
- Compact instrument size
- Separate α and β radiation detection
- α/α decay pair detection from 220Rn/216Po and 219Rn/215Po
- β/α decay pair detection from 212Bi/212Po and 214Bi/214Po
- 238U, 235U and 232Th decay chains assessed from α and β and four decay pairs
- 40K assessed from the excess β